How will you make a difference in 2016?
Our nearly 12,500 employees around the world are feeding a hungry world and helping our owners grow. But we don’t stop there. In communities of all sizes, employees just like you are making a difference in the communities in which we live and work through volunteering time and talents to help others.
That’s why we’re pleased to offer volunteer hours through CHS Days of Service again in 2016. Volunteer hours are intended to preserve your individual volunteer passions, while also encouraging you to make an even greater impact through group volunteer hours.
2016 CHS Days of Service
- Eligible full-time employees will have a total of 16 hours of paid time to volunteer.
- Regularly scheduled part-time employees will enjoy a total of eight hours of volunteer time.
To make an even greater impact, you may want to consider using a portion of your time for a group volunteer activity with your team.
What volunteer activities count toward CHS Days of Service?
- You may want to consider looking for projects you can do with a group of your CHS co-workers to make a difference in your community. Over the past few years, employees using CHS Days of Service hours have helped fix up community spaces, build homes through Habitat for Humanity, provide sorting and packaging at food banks and food shelves, packed food for Feed My Starving Children and more.
- Many of our employees already dedicate countless hours of your time volunteering in your schools, churches and communities. You may want to use your Days of Service hours to support your ongoing volunteer commitments.
- Or, you may want to consider a different volunteer activity that you’ve wanted to take on, but just haven’t had the time.
- Looking to plan a group activity, check out ideas and tips on the Planning and Resources tab.
Share your volunteer story
- Go to Send us Your Story.
- Include project description, number of employees and number of hours.
Questions about using your CHS Days of Service hours?
Find answers to commonly asked questions in this FAQ.